Changes, changes… the change I’m really wanting right now is for spring to arrive, and for all the trees to bloom like this photo. It snowed yesterday, then promptly melted again so it was just gloomy and wet. It looks like I’ll have to settle with virtual changes for now.
I want to thank my readers for your patience as I try to find my writing style and the purpose for this blog. After much deliberating, I finally decided to run everything under one identity. I will no longer be writing under the title Creative Seeker. Obviously, I had a problem with the name deep down, because I never got around to finishing the header design! From now on, the blog will go under the name Mare Design + Boutique to make all of my projects consistent and to simplify by maintaining one website rather than several. I’ve updated the facebook link and I will be adding new posts in the Mare Boutique fan page. If you are subscribed via feed readers you should still receive updates and going to creativeseeker.com will still direct you to the homepage. Over the next few weeks I’ll be working on updating the design and pages to reflect the new name. I’m excited for this change and I hope you will like the new look!
In addition to the new blog name, I have a few exciting things in the works:
- My sister-in-law is expecting a baby in June! – I’m currently designing a baby shower invite and helping plan the shower in April – we’re going with a woodland animals theme and I’m looking forward to seeing it all come together!
- I’m a featured Etsy shop owner on Etsy Conversations Podcast! I’ve been waiting for them to update the website, but you can listen to my interview on iTunes or mp3. The episode is called “Mare Boutique shopkeeper interview.”
- Mare Boutique shop launch coming up next week – there will be a re-opening sale… more details soon.
- Our dog Cody is being featured in the March issue of Frontgate catalog! If you get it in the mail, he’s on page 108 : )
- Planning a trip to Jackson, Mississippi in March for my grandmother’s 90th birthday – we’ll be there a few extra days so we have some fun plans for a long weekend.
- Writing my first guest post, can’t wait to share it with you!
- Looking forward to a Mary Kay facial with friends this weekend! It will be cold out, so it will be a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon indoors.
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! Stay warm, spring will be here soon!
Photo by Paul Istoan.