It’s been a crazy few weeks in April and May! I enjoyed my time off in April so much that I failed to take many photos for Instagram and Facebook. No sign of slowing down until next week, when I will be aboard the Carnival Victory cruise to Key West and Cozumel for our Anniversary! I’m flying into Ft. Lauderdale on Tuesday night, I’ll have a beach day while Will is at work on Wednesday, then we are going to see Fall Out Boy at Miami Beach that night! I’m loving their new album, give it a listen if you haven’t heard it yet. Our cruise leaves on Thursday and I’m hoping to relax and unwind free of internet and cell phones – but no worries, I will take photos this time!
Here is what has been going on with me:
- Remember my baby shower moodboard that I shared a couple months back? We hosted our woodland themed baby shower in Ann Arbor, MI in April and everything turned out great! I’ve been aluding to this post for a while now, so I promise to share all details about the invitation, decor, and favors when I get back!
- Since mom-to-be Cheryl lives in Jacksonville, we took a road trip down from Michigan to bring down all her baby gifts. It was a fun girls trip with many stops along the way, including a hiking day in Gatlinburg, TN and lunch and a quick visit with a friend in Greenville, SC! I added 2 new states to my visited list – the Carolinas! While in Jacksonville we relaxed at Ponte Vedra Spa and spent a lot of time at the beach and visiting family – it was wonderful.
- We took our annual friends trip to the Kentucky Derby in May, which was great fun as always! Unfortunately, it rained the entire time while we were under a makeshift fort in the infield, but it made for a lot of great memories, and more reasons to drink mint juleps!
- Last week I shared my first guest post about Alabama for Elembee’s Across the USA series, make sure to check it out!
- I’m participating in It’s A Banner Day at Hygienic Art in New London, CT which opens today! This exhibition is put on by one of my favorite design bloggers Patti Murphy and her sister Kat. I created a banner titled “Just BE,” which you can see in the banner gallery on the website. It has 4 flags in fun colors, that read “BE Spontaneous. BE Adventurous. BE Humorous. BE Generous.” That’s a reminder that I need sometimes, so I thought it was a great theme for my submission. I wish I lived close enough to attend – how cool that something I designed is being displayed in a state I haven’t even visited yet?!
- In the rest of my free time I’ve been doing a lot of spring cleaning and decluttering in our condo – it feels great not having as much junk and I have dropped off at least 1 bag to Goodwill each week – while avoiding going inside to collect more stuff!
I’m super pumped about my cruise, I’ll have tons more to share when I return! Hope you are having a great weekend everyone : )